Definitions and Interpretation
Data – Collectively all information that you submit to Coolcontacts via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws
Cookies – A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website or when you use certain features. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies)
Data Protection Laws – Any relevant law regarding processing personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national laws, regulations, and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Uk and EU Cookie Law – Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2011
Coolcontacts, we or us – Coolcontacts, Apt 30024, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN
User or You – any third party that uses or accesses the website. This third party is neither employed by Coolcontacts or a consultant providing services to Coolcontacts.
Website – the website that you are currently using www.coolcontacts.co.uk and any subdomains of this site
Coolcontacts is the data controller. This means that Coolcontcts determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are used in particular to identify if you have visited our site before, this will make your browsing experience easier and welcome you and will offer to show you your last order with us. All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the website places cookies on your computer or device, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By consenting, you enable Coolcontacts to provide a better experience and service to you. It will also personalise your browsing with Coolcontacts. By denying it (if you wish) certain features of the website will not function fully.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit/debit card numbers and PayPal details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works such as to ensure users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and thus to improve our service to you.
We only use your personal data for legitimate business purposes. For example, we may ask for your name, address, phone number and email, so that we can share with you new products or promotional offers. Also, we may communicate and give you advice regarding contact lenses and the need to have regular checks for the health and safety of your eyes. This is so you can continue benefitting in ordering your lenses. You can simply contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt out from these offers or call us direct.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We will share your details with the manufacturer of your lenses in order to process your order. We are at the moment a UK only supplier therefore none of your details will be shared outside the UK.
We will also receive data about you from publicly available third party sources such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube when you browse our website via these sources.
1. In order to safeguard your data, access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that is unique to you.
2. We store your data on secure servers
3. Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (you will see a lock icon or green address bar(or both) in your browser.
4. If you suspect misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email@example.com
5. If you want detailed information in how to protect your information including your computers and devices against fraud, indentity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
1. Right to access – right to request copies of the information we hold about you anytime and/or request to modify, update or delete such information. We will not charge you for access of information unless your request is unfounded or excessive. We may refuse your request where we are legally permitted to do so and if we do we will tell you the reasons why.
2. Right to Correct data if its inaccurate or incomplete
3. Right to Erase your data from our systems
4. Right to restrict our use of your data – right to block us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
5. Right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data
6. Right to object our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
To make any of the above enquiries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also inform us if your data changes so that we can keep all information up to date.
You will be asked for ID to confirm your identity to prevent fraud.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Links To Other Websites
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. Please obtain permission from parents or legal guardians before submitting such information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by writing to us at our office: Coolcontacts, Apt 30024, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN, United Kingdom. You can also contact us via the contact number as on the website as well as the contact form provided.